This Culinary Institute of Virginia educational program prepares students for success in the competitive field of food service. In less than 15 months, a student can earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Culinary Arts.
Our Culinary Arts Program includes:
- Standards-based, hands-on training.
- Emphasis on professional culinary skills.
- Student externships throughout the program to build your experience and resume.
- Convenient year-round scheduling.
Demand for culinary school graduates can be global - there are no geographic boundaries!
As more people opt for the time-saving ease of letting others do the cooking, the need for workers to oversee food preparation and serving is expected to increase over the 2008-2018 decade, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.*
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-2011 Edition (Chefs, Head Cooks, and Food Preparation and Serving Supervisors)