The Bachelor of Science in Food Service Management degree program is dedicated to studying the operational issues that lead to profitability in a food service operation. Students examine the food service industry from the perspective of management, expanding leadership knowledge and skills to further their careers in the hospitality industry.
Core curriculum courses fall into three categories:
- Financial Management: The ability to create, interpret, and analyze financial reports.
- Leadership: Exposure to the leadership skills associated with creating, communication, and implementing an operational vision.
- Operations Management: Studying the development and management of service systems.
Students with an Associate Degree in a culinary related field can earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Service Management in less than 15 months. Classes are offered days and evenings.
Our Food Service Management program is dedicated to studying the operational issues that lead to profitability. Students examine the food service industry from the perspective of management, and expanding leadership knowledge and skills to further their careers in the hospitality industry.
Operational decisions have financial consequences, and financial decisions have operational consequences. The ability to quantify, interpret, and analyze financial reports are necessary tools for a successful food service manager.
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Revenue Management & Cost Controls
- Facility Management & Design
Understanding the difference between management and leadership is vital to career-minded professionals. Students are introduced to the leadership skills associated with creating, communicating, and implementing an operational vision.
- Ethics in Business
- Motivating Diverse Workforces
- Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Exposure to Industry Leaders
A successful food service operation is the result of many independent systems working seamlessly together. Special attention is paid to the development and management of service systems.
- Beverage Program Design
- Traditional & Social Media Marketing
- Creating Outstanding Customer Service Systems
- Project Management & Restaurant Simulation
Employment opportunities for our Food Service Management graduates include areas such as:
- Corporate & Independent Restaurants
- Hotels & Resorts
- On- & Off-Premise Catering
- Schools & Universities
- Hospitals & Retirement Communities
- Corporate Dining Services
- Sports & Entertainment Facilities
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
The Culinary Institute of Virginia - The School of Culinary Arts of ECPI University is required to disclose certain information about programs in Title IV eligible educational programs that lead to gainful employment (GE) in recognized occupations.
Click this link to view the information about this program